Monday, February 9, 2015

For the Love Of...Body Love with Morgan Lee


Good day everyone and welcome to For the Love Of...

Today my guest is the inspirational Morgan Lee. She is the founder of Morgan Lee Wellness and in her own words she is a "Transformational Nutrition Coach, Spin Instructor Mad Woman and dedicated motivator and cheerleader for anyone who’s interested."

The post Morgan has sent me is one that many of us can relate to. We are all very good at complementing each other, seeing the beauty in those around us, but how good are you at being kind to yourself?

And now, please welcome, Morgan Lee.

***


For the love of…Body Love



How many times a day do you tell yourself something nice about your body? How many times do you mutter something negative about yourself? I’m willing to bet that the latter is more common.

How did it become this way? Why is shaming and bullying your own body the norm now? A recent study found that more than 80% of women are unhappy with their bodies. It’s gotten to the point that we can’t take compliments and we shy away from the nice things that people say about us by responding with an insult towards ourselves.

We work out because we hate our bodies, not because we respect them. If we over-indulge in something, we punish ourselves for days and starve ourselves. We compare ourselves to strangers and work to achieve the impossible for our body type.

 

I started Morgan Lee Wellness because I was tired of hating myself. I was tired of starving my body or binging. I was tired of running 5 miles when I actually HATE running. I thought I was being so good to my body. Pushing it to the limit and such. I started this company because I was tired of all the body hate and punishing that women are doing to themselves.

How good would it feel to wake up and look in the mirror and be genuinely happy with how you look. To love the way your hips curve and your thighs giggle. To truly not want to change one piece of you. To not picture someone else’s body, wishing that it was yours.

Loving your body. I mean truly LOVING your body is not a faraway impossible reality. It’s about re-shaping your thoughts. Negativity breeds negativity and positivity breeds positivity. You get to CHOOSE which outlook you want to grow and strengthen. The change isn’t going to happen overnight. After years of self-shaming and self-hate, it’s going to take a while to quiet that voice and allow for the other one to blossom. But the time it takes is worth it.

You only get one body. You don’t get to trade it in and hand-pick everything you’d like. So it's time to start finding things you love about your physique. Start small. Look in the mirror and identify things you find beautiful about yourself. Maybe it’s your eyes or your hair or even the shape of your ears. It takes baby steps to grow your positivity muscle.

For the love of body LOVE, show yourself compassion and you’ll be surprised at how happy you’ll feel.



***

If you live out the Calgary way, Morgan is giving a Free Nutrition and Body Love Workshop on February, 21st. 

You a can also find out more about Morgan though these various forms of social media


I'd like to thank Morgan very much for joining me on For the Love Of...As someone who used to see only the awful when I looked in the mirror, I can really relate to this post. A couple years ago, I made started being nicer to myself after hearing someone I love very much say, "Good morning Ugly" when she looked in the mirror. It broke my heart. How could she be so mean when she was so lovely? And then I took a close look at how I treated myself and realized that if I was going to set a good example of body love for my daughter, I had to stop hating myself. Now, two years later, when I look in the mirror, I don't see my flaws. I see a mother, a writer, a wife, an actress, a friend, a daughter. I see the good in myself and I'm happy with and love who I see.

Morgan is right, it takes time, but you're worth it. All of you.

Join me on the 23rd when my guest will be Leona deVinne. She's here to make the world a better place with Joy Socks!

Be happy,
Be beautiful,
Be yourself.

Cin



No comments:

Post a Comment