Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Desire To Do Something Positive

Good Sunday to you blog fans

If you pay any attention to the news, or even just glance over the headlines from time to time, it's hard not to get the feeling that there is nothing happy going on the in the world. Or at least, nothing happy that people feel should be reported.

We live in a culture of fear, anxiety, and pain. It is reported to us via every channel possible, every moment of the day. I often feel like I am drowning in the negative noise of our planet and some days I have trouble seeing the beauty and happiness that is still in the mix of all the bad things that happen in the world.

Please don't think I'm dismissing the tragedies or saying we shouldn't know about them, but I think it's very important to remember that we are all positive and negative. We all have hardships to deal with and moments to celebrate, and I believe that when we focus more light on the positive aspects of all our lives, it will actually give us more clarity and strength to face the negative and be a part of great change.

Over the last 8 years I have become part of a community. I have found a variety of ways to express myself and share my creativity with many people. And I have also been very fortunate to connect with many wonderful people who have passions that they may not shout from the rooftops, but passions, or a love for something that drives them and helps them to keep a positive outlook in life.

On Mondays on this blog, maybe one Monday a month or more than one depending, I would like to feature someone who has love or a passion for something. It could be a love for dance, acting, writing, carpentry, food, whatever! I just want to learn more about what gives people that drive to be positive what they are doing to make their lives and the perhaps the lives of others, a happier place.

I have a list in my head of people I'm going to hit up to be featured on "For the Love Of...", but if yourself would like to be featured, or you know someone who you think should be featured, please drop me a line at

cindy.rule73@gmail.com

Come back tomorrow for the premier post of  "For the Love Of...". Angela Howe will be here to talk about her love for dance.

Here's to being creative,
Cin

No comments:

Post a Comment